By Andy Kirk, Simon Timms, Andrew Rininsland, Swizec Teller
Unleash the facility of information via growing interactive, enticing, and compelling visualizations for the web
About This Book
- Get a conveyable, flexible, and versatile information visualization layout method to help you navigate the advanced course in the direction of success
- Get thorough rationalization of the various visible variables and visualization taxonomy to supply you with a menu of inventive options
- A accomplished and modern advent to data-driven visualization layout and the simplest techniques to designing impact-maximizing and cognition-amplifying visualizations
Who This e-book Is For
This path is for builders who're serious about facts and who are looking to percentage that pleasure with others and it'll be convenient for the internet builders or facts scientists who are looking to create interactive visualizations for the web.
What you'll Learn
- Harness the facility of D3 via construction interactive and real-time data-driven net visualizations
- Identify the aim of your visualization and your project's parameters to figure out overriding layout concerns throughout your project's execution
- Apply severe pondering to visualization layout and get intimate together with your dataset to spot its capability visible characteristics
- Explore a number of the gains of HTML5 to layout inventive visualizations
- Discover what info is offered on Stack Overflow, fb, Twitter, and Google+
- Gain an effective knowing of the typical D3 improvement idioms
- Find out how one can write uncomplicated D3 code for server utilizing Node.js
Do you need to create extra beautiful charts? Or do you could have large information units and want to unearth the most important insights in a visible demeanour? facts visualization is the illustration and presentation of knowledge, utilizing confirmed layout strategies to deliver alive the styles, tales, and key insights which are locked away.
This studying direction is split into 3 modules. the 1st module will equip you with the foremost strategies required to beat modern facts visualization challenges.
In 3rd module, studying d3.js information Visualization, will lead you to D3, which has emerged as one of many best systems to increase appealing, interactive visualizations over the net.
By the top of this direction, you've got unlocked the secret in the back of profitable info visualizations.
This studying direction combines the very best that Packt has to provide in a single whole, curated package deal. It comprises content material from the subsequent Packt products:
- Data Visualization: a profitable layout approach by way of Andy Kirk
- Learning d3.js info Visualization, moment variation by way of Andrew Rininsland and Swizec Teller
Style and approach
This direction comprises all of the assets that can assist you bounce into growing interactive and fascinating visualizations for the net. via this finished direction, you will how you can create enticing visualizations for the net to symbolize your information from begin to finish!
Read Online or Download Data Visualization: Representing Information on Modern Web PDF
Best graphic design books
As essentially the most influential and inspirational picture designers of the 20th century, Paul Rand outlined smooth American photograph layout. His iconic brand designs for IBM, UPS, and the ABC tv community distilled the essences of modernity for his company buyers. His physique of labor comprises ads, poster, journal, and booklet designs characterised by way of simplicity and a wit uniquely his personal.
While you’re stressed to supply a well-designed, easy-to-navigate cellular app, there’s no time to reinvent the wheel—and no use to. this convenient reference presents greater than ninety cellular app layout styles, illustrated via 1,000 screenshots from present Android, iOS, and home windows telephone apps.
This pretty, absolutely illustrated instruction manual tells the tale of sketchnotes--why and the way you should use them to seize your considering visually, take into accout key info extra in actual fact, and percentage what you've captured with others. writer Mike Rohde indicates you ways to include sketchnoting innovations into your note-taking process--regardless of your creative abilities--to assist you larger method the data that you're listening to and seeing via drawing, and to really rejoice taking notes.
Animators paintings inside of a strictly outlined, restricted area that calls for tricky creative judgements. The clean body provides a quandary for all animators, and the choice of what to incorporate and omit increases very important questions about artistry, authorship, and cultural impact. In Animating area: From Mickey to WALL-E, well known student J.
Additional resources for Data Visualization: Representing Information on Modern Web
How do you design it? What factors do you take into account? " For many people, the idea of a conscious data visualization design technique isquite new. The absence of any formal coaching, at almost any level of education, in the techniques of visualization means until you become aware of the subject, you have probably never even thought about your visualization design approach. Before discovering this subject, my own approach to presenting data was certainly not informed by any training or prior knowledge.
Whereas the methodology will introduce a number of key thoughts and decisions at each stage of the process, these objectives transcend any individual step and highlight the intricate issues you have to handle throughout your process. The key objectives are as follows: Strive for form and function The following is a quote from Frank Lloyd Wright: "Form follows function—that has been misunderstood. " The first objective brings us immediately face-to-face with the age-old debate of form versus function or style over substance.
This next example is a demonstration of where aesthetics and style completely hijack a visualization. Here, we have a still showing a 3D bar chart that swooshes impressively onto the screens of those watching soccer on TV in the UK: But what have we here? There is a yellow Drawn bar representing the value 1 and this appears to be more than half the length of a red Aston Villa bar representing 4. How can that be? The designers of this visual have chosen to include the category labels within the bar's length, thus completely distorting the values being represented.