By Zafar Iqbal, Mervyn K. Lewis
Zafar Iqbal and Mervyn okay. Lewis fill the space in Western literature on governance matters from the point of view of Islamic economics. Islamic and Western viewpoints are in comparison, and a scientific research of key components in governance from an Islamic perspective is equipped. the quantity attracts on classical Islam and modern assets to supply a accomplished Islamic governance framework to distinction with the Western place.
Read Online or Download An Islamic Perspective on Governance (New Horizons in Money and Finance) PDF
Similar comparative books
Two times within the final century the customarily stalwart economic system of usa has crumbled—first in 1929, whilst the inventory industry crash that resulted in the good melancholy hit, and back with the monetary industry meltdown of 2008-2009 that continues to be crippling a lot of the USA. whereas it's nonetheless too quickly to kingdom unequivocally how this most up-to-date financial catastrophe happened, it truly is attainable to theorize that a lot of what has occurred might have been foreseen or even avoided—just because it might have been in 1929.
- Refugees, Asylum Seekers and the Rule of Law: Comparative Perspectives
- Re-imagining the Trust: Trusts in Civil Law
- Households, Work and Economic Change: A Comparative Institutional Perspective
- Legal Thoughts between the East and the West in the Multilevel Legal Order: A Liber Amicorum in Honour of Professor Herbert Han-Pao Ma
- Comparative Anthropology of Ancient Greece (Center for Hellenic Studies Colloquia)
Extra info for An Islamic Perspective on Governance (New Horizons in Money and Finance)
As we shall see, this institution is one of the major planks of the Islamic system of governance. Another institutional development of significance in the classical period was the formation of the bayt al-mal. Under Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)5 and Abu Bakr, the first Caliph, revenue receipts were disbursed to the needy forthwith. The second Caliph, Umar, organized such disbursements on more professional lines and in the wake of vast increases in public receipts, he reluctantly agreed to follow the Byzantine precedent of setting up a central treasury (bayt al-mal).
4. An Islamic perspective on governance carried out. Examples of these are prayer, fasting, and payment of zakah (alms). The concise and detailed injunctions – these are commandments about which some details are given in the Holy Qur an, but further information may be discovered from the hadith and other recognized sources. Examples are the rules about relations with non-Muslims. The detailed injunctions – the Holy Qur an gives complete details about these commandments and nothing further is required or may be sought, for example the punishments for specific crimes and also rules about inheritance.
Methodological debates Inductive inference was considered to play a major role in scientific investigation in the nineteenth century. Inquiry began with the unprejudiced observation of facts leading, through inductive inference, to the formulation of a general law about these facts, and by further induction, to statements of even more generality, called theories. Both laws and theories were tested for their truth content by confronting the empirical predictions derived from them with all available observations (Blaug, 1980, p.